Physiotherapist - Inverell, NSW
Vital Health - Inverell, NSW
We are currently looking for a passionate and dedicated Physiotherapy professional to join our vibrant team here in Inverell. Vital Health is a modern allied health practice with a large team of qualified staff from various allied health disciplines. We have been servicing rural and remote parts of Queensland and New South Wales for over ten years and believe that health services should be available to all Australians, no matter where you live. Our staff are committed to providing high-quality, affordable and culturally appropriate services.
- Bachelor or Masters of Physiotherapy
- Current/valid registration with AHPRA
- Membership with Australian Association of Physiotherapists desirable
- Delivery of professional Physiotherapy clinical services that contribute to holistic outcomes to the client and/or community group; according to the standards required with AHPRA registration, Physiotherapy Code of Conduct, and professional indemnity requirements.
- You will provide a generalist scope of practice in Physiotherapy which will present you with an excellent opportunity to learn a range of skills in different settings including – aged care, Indigenous health, rural/remote service delivery and private practice. By working as part of the VHI Team you will work alongside an Exercise Physiologist, Remedial Massage Therapist, Dietitian, and an Occupational Therapist.
- The professional services are within the context of community and client needs and as a member of an Allied Health team working in rural and remote community.Involvement in services, activities and in relationships in client care teams; and involvement in community Allied Health teams (including across sectors) where Vital Health is a part of an external team.
KEY RESPONSIBILTIES AND ACTIVITIES:
1. Provision of Physiotherapy toward client centred goals, wellness and optimal health status:
Use clinical reasoning, evidence based practice and best care practice to ensure clinical standards are met and maintained.
Provide relevant pathways and liaison with other medical professionals for clients who use Physiotherapy as their primary healthcare provider.
Work within scope of practice and see assistance where uncertain
Empower clients to take control of their condition through physical therapy, education, home exercise programs, community engagement and interaction.
2. Aged Care specific services:
Mobility, Falls risk and Annual Assessments – including recommendations and care planning for patient, family and facility.
PT programs or other strategies for generalised Physiotherapy managed conditions; and provide effective PT input to self-managed or carer managed daily living, mobility and safety.
Pain management therapy under ACFI funding program
3. Disability Care specific services:
Goal setting, assessments, recommended programs and care planning for optimal functional and community integration.
NDIS referral and team communication, client pathways, team planning (within Vital Health and possible with other client purchased services)
4. Communication toward professional service:
Communication of assessed needs clearly and precisely to client.
Communication within client care teams, to/from funding organisations
Attractive remuneration offered. Salary, Retainer or % of fees options. Health Professional Level 3.1 as minimum for new graduates (Health Professional and Support Services Award 2010), alternatively remuneration dependent on experience, and competencies. Opportunity to start on $110k plus per annum. Paid according to contractual employment. New Graduate, Junior or Senior clinical roles available.