Speech Pathologist - Narrabri, NSW
Speech Pathologist - Narrabri NSW
The Logistics Health team are energetic, fun and very devoted to their roles and each other. Logistics Health is seeking a like-minded applicant who is a team player who can bring new ideas with motivation. We have a diverse team of allied health professionals who are passionate about ‘making a difference’ in regional NSW. Logistics Health also engages the assistance of ‘animals for learning and therapy’ and is a very innovative privately owned business. Support, mentorship and training will be provided in areas needed, with reasonable KPIs. Narrabri is centrally located between Sydney and Brisbane with flights and rail services. Pay rates are above award, with incentives and flexible work options.
Situated in the heart of the rich Namoi Valley in North West NSW, Narrabri is renowned for the production of high quality wheat, cotton, sheep and beef as well as mining and several research facilities.
Seemingly endless horizons have facilitated the growth of the CSIRO Australia Telescope Compact Array, whose six radio telescopes are gleaming beacons of scientific advancement. The natural wonder of the Mt Kaputar National Park will keep even the most reluctant of bushwalkers enthralled. Add historical museums, Yarrie Lake, artesian bore baths and art shows to this mix along with a variety of local business and a welcoming local community, you’re guaranteed a satisfying tree change in Narrabri Shire. Great family community, sports and social networking.
Role of the Speech Pathologist includes:
- Working with a diverse caseload of predominantly children-adolescents (1-18 years) and adults with physical and intellectual disabilities.
- Work in a variety of settings including clinic, schools, kindergarten/childcare and home visits
- Assess and identify language and communication needs including articulation, language literacy in all age groups, especially children with disabilities, delays in learning and behavioural difficulties i.e. ASD, ADHD, Downs Syndrome, CP and more.
- Work along with the team of health professionals (OTs, Rehab Counsellor, Psychologist, Paediatrician etc.) involved in the clients care
- Implement a sense of creativity and diversity when planning therapy sessions
- Work independently implementing assessments and treatment strategies and referring where required (e.g. ENT)
- Includes some administrative duties
A) Essential Criteria
- Position is Full-time (38 hour week) or Part-time an option
- Ability to travel away from Narrabri and 300-500km radius and stay overnight
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Speech Pathology) AHPRA Registration and eligible for membership with Speech Pathology Australia.
- Current Australian Driver Licence
- Multi-skilled role – Primarily Speech Pathology with occasional Vocational Rehabilitation, customer and client liaison
- Have a keen interest in working with children and adults, including disabilities
- Be able to work with a full case load as a team-member, with administration support
- Ability to work unsupervised, maintain active work performance
- Personality: self-motivation, enthusiastic, punctual, passionate about helping others and the community. Open, honest and focused on developing as a part the team. Be innovative, with a ‘can-do’ approach and be willing to extend yourself and go beyond for your clients and the team. Flexibility to cope with change.
- Communication skills: excellent expressive, receptive communication/feedback and be approachable with excellent written and oral skills
- Organisational skills: good time management, follow directive and procedures. Ability to work towards professional independence with administration support. Doing what you do best!
- Preferred placement in private practice and rural Australia
B) Optional Criteria
- Interest in country life, and seeking rural experiences
- Preferably have 1+ year of experience as a Speech Pathologist, however new graduates and overseas applicants will be considered
- Enjoy social team activities and events
Meredith Chapman (Company Manager)
Ph: 0429 926 364